NEWS CELEBRITY ENTERTAINMENT FASHION HEALTH HOOK UP LEAKED LIFESTYLE MUSIC RELATIONSHIP VIDEOS

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Angela Merkel Says She Will Not Seek Re-Election

Get Best Daily Health Tips Here
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced she would not seek re-election when her term expires in 2021.

Merkel, who has been Chancellor since 2005, made the announcement during a news conference yesterday in Berlin.

"It is time today for me to start a new chapter," Merkel told reporters in Berlin.

"This fourth term is my last term as Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. In the next Bundestag election in 2021, I will not run again as Chancellor. I will not run for the German Bundestag any more, and I do not want any other political office."


Merkel told reporters that being Chancellor has been a "very challenging and fulfilling task."

Merkel's decision appears to mark the beginning of the end of her 13-year dominance of European politics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment