NEWS CELEBRITY ENTERTAINMENT FASHION HEALTH HOOK UP LEAKED LIFESTYLE MUSIC RELATIONSHIP VIDEOS

Monday, January 27, 2020

Kano rerun: Abdulmumini Jibrin LOSES Rep seat

Get Best Daily Health Tips Here
The Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Alhaji Aliyu Datti Yako has been declared the winner of the Saturday rerun of Kiru/ Bebeji Federal Constituency of Kano State.

Yako defeated the former Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation,  Abdulmumini Jibrin Kofa, of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Jibrin polled 13,507 votes against the 48,601 votes polled by Aliyu Yako of the main opposition party.

Already Jibrin had raised the alarm, over what he claimed was “irregularities, during the polls,” perpetrated by those, he described, as anti-democratic forces ” in his constituency.


Speaking on twitter this afternoon, precisely an hour ago, he says he has congratulated his opponent and has moved on.  He however started that though he has moved on, his mandate was stolen. His exact words below...

''Yesterday I released an official statement in respect of the re run election in my constituency. The full statement is attached to this tweet. Let me conclude with an emphasis that WE DID NOT LOSE THAT ELECTION BUT OUR MANDATE WAS STOLEN through the use of brutal force

''However i have congratulated my opponent and will not file petition in court. I will make no further comment on this matter. I urge the media to please respect my decision. This is the end of another beginning. I have moved on!''

0 comments:

Post a Comment